Hong Chuan Tan
Hong Chuan Tan has five years of experience in transfer pricing and GST. Before joining Transfer Pricing Solutions, Hong Chuan was a Transfer Pricing Manager in BDO Malaysia. He played a key role in pioneering and developing the transfer pricing practice in Malaysia.
He specialises in the area of transfer pricing where he manages a portfolio of clients comprising companies from a broad range of industries such as mining; electrical and electronics; plastic products; construction and property development; hotels; real estate; oil and gas amongst others. He has prepared transfer pricing documentation (Master File and Local File) for the Asia Pacific region, in particular Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.
He possesses experience in working with leading brands with the primary focus to exceed the expectations on clients’ service delivery while ensuring optimum brand impact. He is able to provide effective and resourceful information on the transfer pricing related problems, provide recommendations for the client’s business and process improvements.
Hong is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. In his spare time, he enjoys playing badminton and swimming. He is also a traveler and has lived in Australia and Malaysia.
- December 2017 - Current - Transfer Pricing Consultant, Transfer pricing Solutions, Australia and Singapore
- March 2013 - September 2017 - Transfer Pricing Manager, BDO Malaysia
Area of Expertise
- Transfer pricing documentation (Master File and Local File) - Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines
- Transfer pricing planning
- Intercompany loans documentation
- Design and implementation of transfer pricing policies
- Benchmarking and economic analysis
- CPA Australia Member
- Bachelor of Commerce: Major in Accounting, University of Adelaide
- English, Malay, Cantonese, Mandarin