TP Documentation and Benchmarking Analysis - How to get it right?
Transfer Pricing (TP) documentation and benchmarking analysis are pivotal to defending your transfer pricing risks from the tax authorities. Hence, it is important for you to do them right. But HOW do you get them right?
Transfer pricing documentation and benchmarking analysis are key when defending transfer pricing risks from tax authorities. However, the reality is that the theory and practice of preparing documentation and benchmarking analysis are very different, hence the importance of practical insights.
This seminar is designed to share practical knowledge through real life case studies about key aspects of managing transfer pricing risks. You will learn:
- Practical solutions on how to test related party transactions, including services, buy/sell transactions, intercompany loans with a case study using databases.
- How to ensure that your documentation and benchmarking analysis are ‘bullet-proof.'
- Practical tips to minimise risks related to benchmarking analysis to ensure you get it right
- How to implement benchmarking results correctly and examples of how the implementation can go wrong.
- Refresher covering key principles of preparing documentation
- The importance of functional analysis and characterisation of transactions
- Common mistakes in the preparation of functional analyses and how to get it right
- Principles and rationale for economic and benchmarking analysis
- Alternatives available for testing related party transactions, are databases the only option?
- Are searches and benchmarking analysis always required? How to identify exceptions?
- Hands on case study using databases
How to test:
- Service transactions
- Buy/sell transactions
- Intercompany loans
- Do and don’t’s when testing related party transactions
- How to identify ‘blind spots’ and key tips to minimise risks related to benchmarking analysis
- How to implement the results of benchmarking analysis
- Examples of how the implementation can go wrong.
Transfer pricing in practice can be very different to what you learn in theory. You need to have the right experience and practical insights in order to understand them. For that purpose, our Director in Transfer Pricing Solutions Asia, Adriana Calderon, collaborates with The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants and designs a one-day class to share what they have learned in the business
Read more about the event and REGISTER NOW https://eservices.isca.org.sg/CourseDetail?coursemasterid=a0g28000002aNb0AAE