TP Documentation and Benchmarking Analysis - How to get it right?
19 August 2020
Transfer pricing documentation and benchmarking analysis are key when defending
transfer pricing risks from tax authorities. However, the reality is that the theory and practice of preparing documentation and
benchmarking analysis are very different, hence the importance of practical insights.
- Refresher covering key principles of preparing documentation
- The importance of functional analysis and characterisation of transactions
- Common mistakes in the preparation of functional analyses and how to get it right
- Principles and rationale for economic and benchmarking analysis
- Alternatives available for testing related party transactions, are databases the only option
- Are searches and benchmarking analysis always required
- How to identify exceptions
- Hands on case study using databases
- How to test:
- service transactions
- buy/sell transactions
- intercompany loans
- Do and don’t’s when testing related party transactions
- How to identify ‘blind spots’ and key tips to minimise risks related to benchmarking analysis
- How to implement the results of benchmarking analysis
- Examples of how the implementation can go wrong
Lecture style, with Case Studies and examples. Participants can actively contribute and submit questions before the webinar.
The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants is consistently working on the issue and has teamed up Adriana Calderon, Director of Transfer Pricing Solutions Asia. Together, we initiated a discussion on how you can manage your transfer pricing exposure.
|DATE||: Wednesday 19 August 2020|
|TIME||: 9:00am - 5:00pm|
|VENUE||: Online. Register here: https://eservices.isca.org.sg/CourseDetail?coursemasterid=a0g28000002aNb0AAE|
: $ 345.61 (Association Member)
|CLOSING DATE||: Wednesday 12 August 2020 (unless fully booked prior)|
The class is designed as a platform to share practical knowledge through real life case studies. Save yourself a seat (or two) for the latest transfer pricing development in leading Asian countries! Know who you’re dealing with, their expectations, and how you can prepare yourself for tax reviews and audits.
Read more about the event and REGISTER
Adriana Calderon has extensive international experience with Big
Four and mid-tier firms advising multinational companies in the areas of corporate and international taxation across South America, the
US, Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. In Asia Pacific, Adriana has specialised in the area of TP, building on her Latin American
experience as a lawyer in commercial and tax legislation.
Adriana also enjoys teaching and has been involved in various TP seminars and workshops. Besides being a TP trainer at the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, Adriana has also facilitated in training sessions for CFOs, tax teams of large companies and consultancies, and tax executives at the Australian Taxation Office.
*Asia Tax Awards 2017 by International Tax Review