TP Documentation and Benchmarking Analysis - How to get it right? 15 April 2020
Transfer pricing documentation and benchmarking analysis are key when defending transfer pricing risks from tax authorities. However, the reality is that the theory and practice of preparing documentation and benchmarking analysis are very different, hence the importance of practical insights.
- Refresher covering key principles of preparing documentation
- The importance of functional analysis and characterisation of transactions
- Common mistakes in the preparation of functional analyses and how to get it right• Principles and rationale for economic and benchmarking analysis
- Alternatives available for testing related party transactions, are databases the only option?
- Are searches and benchmarking analysis always required?
- How to identify exceptions?
- Hands on case study using databases
- How to test:
- service transactions
- buy/sell transactions
- intercompany loans
- Do and don’t’s when testing related party transactions
- How to identify ‘blind spots’ and key tips to minimise risks related to benchmarking analysis
- How to implement the results of benchmarking analysis
- Examples of how the implementation can go wrong.
Lecture style, with Case Studies and examples. Participants can actively contribute and submit questions before the seminar.
Closing Date for Registration - one week before programme or until full enrollment
The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants is consistently working on the issue and has teamed up with Ms Adriana Calderon, Director of Transfer Pricing Solutions Asia. Together, we initiated a discussion on how you can manage your transfer pricing exposure.
The class is designed as a platform to share practical knowledge through real life case studies. Save yourself a seat (or two) for the latest transfer pricing development in leading Asian countries! Know who you’re dealing with, their expectations, and how you can prepare yourself for tax reviews and audits. Special discount applies to members of ISCA.
Read more about the event and REGISTER NOW!
About the Presenter / Trainer
Adriana Calderon has extensive international experience with Big Four and mid-tier firms advising multinational companies in the areas of
corporate and international taxation across South America, the US, Australia and the Asia Pacific Region.
As a TP practitioner, Adriana has advised companies in the Asia Pacific Region across various industries and in a wide range of projects associated with planning, compliance and dispute resolutions with tax authorities. She has also participated in specialised projects involving pricing of financial transactions, business restructures and negotiation of APAs. Most recently, she has participated in TP planning projects to implement BEPS’s Action Plan and country-by-country reporting.
.*Asia Tax Awards 2017 by International Tax Review